- Sit on a cable row bench with your feet firmly planted on the footplates and grab a low row bar attached to the cable pulley.
- Keep your knees slightly bent and your back straight while exaggerating the arch in your lower back and keeping your chest out.
- Use your lats to pull the handle toward your midsection, focusing on driving your elbows back until the handle touches your lower abs.
- Hold this position for a second, squeezing your shoulder blades together and contracting your lats as hard as possible. Then slowly return the handle to the start position and repeat for reps.
- Keep your torso upright through the entire exercise and do not lean forward in the starting position.
- Use an open grip on the handle with your thumbs over the top of the bars. This will help you to use less of the biceps and forearms and more of the lats.
- Do this exercise toward the middle or end of your back workouts after doing exercises such as pull-ups, barbell or dumbbell rows and pulldowns.
- Machine Row
- Bent-Over Barbell Row
- T-Bar Row
- Bent-Over Dumbbell Row