Looking for a vacation spot, preferably one where you can mix workouts with relaxation? Health magazine identified the top 10 vacation spots for reducing, rather than expanding, your waistline. Here are the top five:
1. Miraval Resort & Spa (Tucson, Ariz.): All meals contain less than 450 calories.
2. SwellWomen (Maui, Hawaii): This retreat welcomes beginning surfers (female ones, anyway).
3. Red Mountain Resort (St. George, Utah): This getaway’s fitness options include hiking, mountain biking, rock climbing and horseback riding.
4. Sanctuary on Camelback Mountain (Paradise Valley, Ariz.): This resort prides itself on hands-on small classes for yoga and Pilates.
5. The Mauna Lani Bay Hotel & Bungalows (Kohala Coast, Hawaii): You can burn calories snorkeling, kayaking, playing tennis and golf and, no kidding, husking coconuts.
We’re pretty sure all these options will be kinder to your body than, say, 72 hours in Vegas.