Keep Thanksgiving physique-friendly with this easy and nutritious take on the traditional sweet potato/yam casserole.
- 4 medium sweet potatoes or yams
- 1 tablespoon butter, divided
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar, divided
- 1/2 cup miniature marshmallows, divided
1. Place a sheet of aluminum foil on the middle shelf in the oven. Preheat the oven to 450 degrees fahrenheit. Wash the potatoes under water until all dirt is removed. Poke each potato with a fork six times all around. Place them on foil and cook for one hour.
2. Remove the potatoes from the oven and let them sit for five minutes. slice the potatoes lengthwise and squeeze them open. Place one-fourth tablespoon of butter and brown sugar in each one.
3. Turn on the broiler. Top each potato with marshmallows and place under the broiler for 30 seconds or until the marshmallows are golden. Remove, place on a dish and serve.
Nutrition facts (per potato): 161 calories, 2 g protein, 32 g carbohydrates, 3 g fat, 4 g iber, 7.5 mg cholesterol, 47 mg sodium, 13.6 g sugar